ITIL® 4 Direct, Plan & Improve (DPI)
The purpose of this course is to provide the candidate with the practical skills necessary to create a ‘learning and improving’ IT organization with a strong and effective strategic direction, and a practical and strategic method for planning and delivering continual improvement with the necessary agility.
The ITIL 4 Direct, Plan and Improve qualification is one of the pre-requisites for the designation of ITIL 4 Managing Professional which assesses the candidate’s practical and technical knowledge about how to run successful IT-enabled services, teams and workflows. It is also a pre-requisite for the designation of ITIL 4 Strategic Leader, which assesses the candidate’s ability to build and implement an effective IT and digital strategy that can tackle digital disruption and drive success.
Completing this course will help you:
Who is the course for?
- Why Direct, Plan and Improve
- Defining the vision and mission
- Understanding policies and guidelines
- Managing risks in Direct, Plan & Improve
- Value, outcomes, costs and risks in Direct, Plan & Improve
- Know how to cascade objectives and requirements
- How to define effective policies, controls and guidelines.
- How to place decision-making authority at the correct level
- How to use the ITIL continual improvement model to improve the service value system
- How to identify assessment objectives, outputs, requirements and criteria
- How to define and prioritize desired outcomes of an improvement
- How to build, justify and advocate for a business case
- How to embed continual improvement at all levels with improvement reviews and analysis of lessons learned
- The scope and potential benefits of the organizational change management practice.
- The key principles of communication.
- How to establish effective interfaces across the value chain
- The key principles and methods of measurement and reporting.
- How to define indicators and metrics to support objectives
- The differences between value streams and practices and how those differences impact direction, planning and improvement.
- How to select and use the appropriate methods and techniques to direct, plan and improve value streams and practices