In this 2-day instructor-led course, learners will master the understanding of how to perform a formal Process Capability Assessment and how it can be used to enable business goals, prioritize improvement activities and identify opportunities for improving the governance and management of IT assets. The course provides the basis for assessing an enterprise’s process capabilities against the COBIT 5 Process Reference Model (PRM). Evidence-based to enable a reliable, consistent and repeatable way to assess IT process capabilities, this model helps IT leaders gain C-level and board member buy-in for change and improvement initiatives.
Assessment results provide a determination of process capability. They can be used for process improvement, delivering value to the business, measuring the achievement of current or projected business goals, benchmarking, consistent reporting and organizational compliance. The course is supported by practical exercises and engaging case-based scenarios. Learners will perform a simulated assessment using our tool xPRAXIS.
This is a practitioner-level training course that covers how to use the Cobit® 5 assessment tools developed by ISACA and how to analyze the results.
COBIT® 5 provides the next generation of ISACA’s guidance on the enterprise governance and management of IT. It builds on more than 15 years of practical usage and application of COBIT® by many enterprises and users from business, IT, risk, security and assurance communities. Today, more than ever, information and related technologies need to be governed, managed and operated in a holistic manner—with a single, integrated process model that provides end-to-end coverage of the roles, responsibilities and practices required.
COBIT® 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT. It enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in both the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility. COBIT® 5 can be adopted and adapted by enterprises of all sizes and from any industry in private and public sectors.
- How to perform a process capability assessment using the Assessor Guide / COBIT 5.
- How to apply the Process Assessment Model (PAM) in performing a process capability assessment, in particular to be able to use the 37 processes outlined in the Process Reference Model (PRM).
- How to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process.
- How to use the 7-step assessor guide to perform the assessment.
- How to use the self-assessment guide.
- A quick look to GEIT & COBIT® 5
- Initiation of the Assessment
- Scoping of the Assessment
- Planning the Assessment and Briefing the Team
- Data Collection and Validation
- Process Attribute Rating
- SWOT Analysis
- Reporting Assessment Results
- Exam preparation guidance
- Questions: 4 questions per paper with 20 marks available per question.
- Duration: 2:30 hours (+ 30 extra time non English native speakers)
- Pass mark: 40/80 = 50%
- You may reference your copy of the COBIT 5 PAM and Assessor Guide during the examination, no additional support material is permitted.
- A successful practitioner candidate will be able to become an assessor or a lead assessor and apply for full ISACA certification if they can supply further proof of the competences required by ISACA.
It is a mandatory requirement for all candidates to have passed the COBIT® 5 Foundation Exam before applying for and attending this training and certificate course.
This course is delivered in a virtual live classroom environment or onsite at your location. A minimum of four (4) participants is required for virtual live classroom sessions and six (6) participants for onsite delivery.
Public sessions are not available for this course.