In this 3-day interactive course, participants learn about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT® addresses this need by providing the latest insights into enterprise-wide governance of IT. This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT® framework, using a logical and example-driven approach for anyone interested in obtaining COBIT® foundation level knowledge.
Theory into practice (TIP) is our learning approach. Our course is scenario-driven. Participants will be able to apply knowledge at Feetwalk, a fictional company that faces governance challenges that can be addressed adopting COBIT® 5.
COBIT 5 provides the next generation of ISACA’s guidance on the enterprise governance and management of IT. It builds on more than 15 years of practical usage and application of COBIT by many enterprises and users from business, IT, risk, security and assurance communities. Today, more than ever, information and related technologies need to be governed, managed and operated in a holistic manner—with a single, integrated process model that provides end-to-end coverage of the roles, responsibilities and practices required.
COBIT 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT. It enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in both the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility. COBIT 5 can be adopted and adapted by enterprises of all sizes and from any industry in private and public sectors.
- How to establish effective strategic IT oversight practices and controls.
- The major drivers for Enterprise IT Governance.
- The business benefits of using effective IT Governance.
- How IT Governance enables the integration of IT Management frameworks.
- How COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner.
- The basic concepts for the implementation of IT governance practices.
- Introduction to COBIT® 5
- The framework
- Understanding business needs and benefits
- Analyzing the 5 Principles
- Meeting Stakeholder Needs
- The Goals Cascade
- Investigating the 7 enablers
- Enabling Processes
- Stakeholder concerns & IT Governance principles
- The COBIT® 5 Process Reference Model
- The Process Capability Model
- Process Capability Assessments and the ISO/IEC 15504
- Scoping the assessment
- Implementing COBIT® 5
- Considerations for planning and implementing Continual service improvement life cycle
- Exam preparation guidance
- Exam review based on COBIT 5 key concepts
COBIT® 5 Foundation is the first step to enroll into COBIT® 5 Implementation and COBIT® 5 Assessor. The COBIT® 5 Foundation exam is a prerequisite to attaining the COBIT® 5 Implementation and COBIT® 5 Assessor exams.
The exam is in closed-book format with 50 multiple-choice questions. The exam lasts for 40 minutes. The pass score is 50%. The exam is available as web-based or paper-based.
No dates available yet.