This 2-day instructor-led course provides the main guidance for a practical approach to implementing the Governance of Enterprise Information Technology or (GEIT) based on a continual improvement life cycle that should be tailored to suit an enterprise specific needs. The syllabus is based specifically on this guide issued by ISACA.
This is a practitioner-level training course that covers how to use the Cobit® 5 implementation tool developed by ISACA and how to analyze the results.
Theory into practice (TIP) is our learning approach. Our course is scenario-driven. Participants will be able to apply knowledge at Feetwalk, a fictional company that faces governance challenges that can be addressed adopting COBIT® 5.
COBIT® 5 provides the next generation of ISACA’s guidance on the enterprise governance and management of IT. It builds on more than 15 years of practical usage and application of COBIT® by many enterprises and users from business, IT, risk, security and assurance communities. Today, more than ever, information and related technologies need to be governed, managed and operated in a holistic manner—with a single, integrated process model that provides end-to-end coverage of the roles, responsibilities and practices required.
COBIT® 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT. It enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in both the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility. COBIT® 5 can be adopted and adapted by enterprises of all sizes and from any industry in private and public sectors.
- Analyze the enterprise drivers.
- Apply the implementation challenges, their root causes and success factors.
- Assess current process capability and determine its “to be” state.
- Scope and plan improvements.
- Identify and avoid potential pitfalls.
- Leverage from other latest good practices.
- A quick look to GEIT & COBIT® 5
- Initiating the program
- Understanding business needs and benefits
- Defining problems and opportunities (part I)
- Defining problems and opportunities (part II)
- Planning and executing the program
- Realizing benefits & review
- Exam preparation guidance
- Questions: 4 questions per paper with 20 marks available per question.
- Duration: 2:30 hours (+ 30 extra time non English native speakers)
- Pass mark: 40/80 = 50%
- Open book: COBIT® 5 Implementation book only
It is a mandatory requirement for all candidates to have passed the COBIT® 5 Foundation Exam before applying for and attending this training and certificate course.
Intructor-led in Virtual Classroom
Date: September 25-29, 2017
Time: 9:00am – 12:00m (Eastern Time)
Place: Virtual Classroom
Cost: $875.00 p/p (certification exam can be purchased separately)