Based on the core principles of Lean, the two-day Foundation level certification course will help IT departments become more business-value oriented, removing waste, inflexibility and variability. The principles of Lean IT are applicable to all IT operations regardless of industry or sector. Any organization effectively applying Lean IT will notice increased user and customer satisfaction, reductions of IT costs, increased productivity, and ability to manage demand more efficiently.
Lean IT is built on the proven Lean and Six Sigma practices developed in manufacturing organizations around the world, and the new courses have been tailored for IT processes (including ITIL®, COBIT®, etc). Regardless of which framework or standard your IT organization has chosen, Lean IT focuses on how to assess a process to eliminate waste, where waste is defined as something that adds no value to a product, service, or output.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the origin and development of the Lean and Six Sigma philosophies, and key elements.
- Understand and be able to identify the concept of waste.
- Learn about and how to apply Lean analytical tools.
- What is and how to apply A3 Thinking.
- What is and how to apply the cycle of continuous improvement: Plan-Do-Check-Act.
- Go Look and See (GEMBA, fact not emotion).
- Value Stream Mapping.
- Understanding “Kaizen” (System, Process, Activity).
- Standardizing Work Practices.
- What is and how to apply 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain).
- Working with Visual Workplace (eliminate visual and mental noise).
- Be able to define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that lead to action.
- Be able to initiate, document, and implement process improvements.
- Reduce costs by eliminating waste and inefficiencies in your IT infrastructure and processes.
- Increase productivity through improved resource management.
- Increase user and customer satisfaction by focusing on delivering value.
- Introduction of Lean
- The Customer Dimension
- The Process Dimension
- The Performance Dimension
- The Organization Dimension
- Problem-solving techniques
- Managing Behavior and Attitude
- Preparing for the exam
This course prepares candidates for the examination leading to the Lean IT Foundation Certificate. The exam is a 60 minute, 40 question, multiple-choice examination. Candidates must get a passing mark of 65% to attain their certificate. Candidates that pass the exam attain 0.5 credits towards the ITIL Expert certification and complies with the pre-requisite for the next level certification: Lean IT Kaizen.
This course is available as a self-paced e-learning.
For live sessions, it can be delivered through our virtual live classroom platform or onsite at your location. A minimum of four (4) participants is required for virtual live classroom sessions and six (6) participants for onsite delivery.
Public sessions are not available for this course.